Happy Spring! I am seriously in disbelief that we are over half way through March…It feels like the semester just started! The weather also has not been acting like it’s spring. Three weeks ago we had three 80-degree days in a row, and just a week and a half ago it snowed!? I sure hope the weather makes up its mind soon! In the meantime, I’ll be cooking and eating all the spring foods in hopes that Mother Nature will get the hint and warm things up!
I was blown away with how good these carrots were considering they’re only 5 ingredients. They only took about 30 minutes from start to finish, and make the perfect spring side dish/snack. These would even make a great addition to your Easter dinner table! AND, carrots are chock full of Vitamins A and K, plus all that Beta Carotene gives you a healthy summer glow all year long!
- 6-10 large carrots, leafy green tops trimmed
- high-heat oil (I use avocado oil, but you could use coconut oil or even ghee)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° (if you have a convection oven, use the convection roast setting)
- Put carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle the carrots evenly with oil and honey, season to tasted with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the parsley evenly over the carrots.
- Using a spoon or your hands, roll the carrots around to evenly coat with oil/honey and seasonings
- Roast for ~25 minutes or until soft and slightly caramelized